Standard declaration: Practical tips and drafts
Completing the declaration
- The mandatory fields are marked with a red asterisk (*) after the field name.
- If you provide the reference number you received from the transport operator when you are selecting the import declaration and if your transport operator submits data to Customs, some of the declaration details will be filled in automatically.
- The data content of the declaration has been divided into tabs, and you can move between them using the side navigation menu. The service saves the data even when you change tabs. You can also move in the declaration by clicking the buttons ”Next” and “Previous”.
- You’ll get more information about completing a field by clicking the question mark next to the field name. The tooltip is closed when you click the question mark again.
- If you have been authenticated in the declaration service as a representative for your company, the details of your company are displayed in the declaration when you tick the box “Use the details of the authenticated person”.
- In dropdown menus, you can select the correct detail in two ways:
- o Select a code from the list.
- o Write the beginning of the word (e.g. United), and the menu will display the alternatives that contain that combination of letters. Select the appropriate alternative, e.g. “US United States".
- The service makes checks while you are completing the declaration. If the check reveals errors, the service will notify you of them. The error notification will be displayed above the field name highlighted in red.
Saving of drafts
The service saves the details you enter almost in real-time. At the top of the view, you can see when the newest version of the draft was saved. This information is updated every 30 seconds.
The draft is saved when
- you click the side navigation
- once a minute if you edit or add details.
If you click “Close” while completing a declaration, the system will ask whether you want to save the unfinished declaration as a new draft. If you click “OK”, the declaration will be saved on the draft list, and you will return to the front page. If you click “Cancel”, all the data you have saved will disappear and you will return to the front page.
Drafts can’t be named. You can name templates, which you can create from finished declarations in the tab ”My templates”.
Parts of the standard customs declaration
The standard customs declaration consists of three declaration parts: parties, declaration header (details common to the whole declaration) and goods items (goods item-specific details). You’ll get to these declaration parts by clicking the relevant button at the top of the page.