You can request invalidation of a declaration e.g. if you notice that you have lodged two separate declarations for the same goods.
Even if the declaration had been submitted to Customs via message exchange or via the Import Declaration Service for private persons, you can request invalidation of the declaration in the Customs Clearance Service (see instructions: ”Browsing a declaration lodged via another transaction channel and switching the transaction channel Advanced search).
Making an invalidation request
You can make an invalidation request in two ways:
- Click on “Contact Customs” on the front page of the service. Provide the MRN of the customs declaration and move away from the field “MRN”. Click on “Search” and then click on “Invalidation”.
- If you have lodged the declaration in the Customs Clearance Service, you also can choose the declaration you wish to invalidate on the declaration list on the front page of the service. Open the declaration and click on “Invalidation request” on the page “Summary and submission”.
The view “Invalidation request” opens. Under “Trader reference” enter the reference number you wish to use for the invalidation request.
Under “Reason for invalidation”, choose the amendment type of from the drop-down menu in the field “Reason”. The reason can be one of the following:
- A-12 – Goods placed under another customs procedure
- D-12 – Duplicate declaration
- E-12 – The placing of goods under a customs procedure is not possible due to special circumstances
- U-12 – Union goods declared
- V-12 – Wrong declarant declared
- V-14 – Erroneous declaration data
In addition to the reason you must also provide at least one of the following: the MRN of the replacement declaration or an explanation for the reason.
- Provide the replacement MRN or some other reference, if the reason you chose requires it. If you have lodged two declarations for the same goods, provide under “Replacing MRN or other reference” the declarations that will remain valid.
- Under “Reasons”, write free-form text about the invalidation you are requesting. If you have an attachment to support the invalidation request, you can upload it.
Cancelling an invalidation request
If you have submitted an invalidation request and notice that the request is unnecessary or made on false grounds, you can request cancellation of the invalidation. This is possible only if no decision concerning the request has been made yet. Click on “Contact Customs” on the front page of the service to request cancellation of invalidation. Provide the MRN of the customs declaration and move away from the field “MRN”. Click on “Search” and then click on “Invalidation”. When the “Summary and submission” page opens, click on “Cancel request” at the bottom of the page.