You can request invalidation of a declaration e.g. if you notice that you have lodged two separate declarations for the same goods.
Making an invalidation request
You can make an invalidation request in two ways:
- Click on “Contact Customs” on the front page of the service. Provide the MRN of the customs declaration and move away from the field “MRN”. Click on “Search” and then click on “Invalidation”.
- If you have lodged the declaration in the Customs Clearance Service, you also can choose the declaration you wish to invalidate on the declaration list on the front page of the service. Open the declaration and click on “Invalidation request” on the page “Summary and submission”.
The view “Invalidation request” opens. Under “Trader reference” enter the reference number you wish to use for the invalidation request.
Under “Reason for invalidation”, choose the amendment type of from the drop-down menu in the field “Reason”. The reason can be one of the following:
- A-12 – Goods placed under another customs procedure
- D-12 – Duplicate declaration
- E-12 – The placing of goods under a customs procedure is not possible due to special circumstances
- U-12 – Union goods declared
- V-12 – Wrong declarant declared
- V-14 – Erroneous declaration data
Provide the replacement MRN or some other reference, if the reason you chose requires it. If you have lodged two declarations for the same goods, provide under “Replacing MRN or other reference” the declarations that will remain valid.
Under “Reasons”, you can write free-form text about the invalidation you are requesting. If you have an attachment to support the invalidation request, you can upload it.
If you have submitted an invalidation request and notice that the request is unnecessary or made on false grounds, you can request cancellation of the invalidation. This is possible only if no decision concerning the request has been made yet. Click on “Contact Customs” on the front page of the service to request cancellation of invalidation. Provide the MRN of the customs declaration and move away from the field “MRN”. Click on “Search” and then click on “Invalidation”. When the “Summary and submission” page opens, click on “Cancel request” at the bottom of the page.