Declaration header details
In this view, you declare the following details:
- reference or references you use
- declaration type
- are you lodging the declaration when the goods have arrived or in advance
- estimated time of arrival, if you are lodging the declaration in advance
- total gross mass and total number of packages of all the items in the declaration
- transaction language, i.e. the language in which you want to receive the decisions (Finnish, Swedish or English)
- country of dispatch and destination country
- customs warehouse locations
- location of goods at the time of presentation
- whether the goods will be transferred under the customs warehousing procedure
- container ID if the goods were imported in a container
Trader reference number
The trader reference number specifies the customs declaration and is issued by the declarant. If necessary, you can declare another reference under ‘Additional trader reference number’.
- Choose IM as type, when you declare goods imported from outside the EU for customs warehousing and no customs duties have been paid for the goods.
- Choose CO, when you declare Union goods into a customs warehouse in the Åland Islands, and no VAT has been paid for the goods (tax border trade).
Additional declaration type
If the goods have already arrived and can be presented to Customs either at the warehouse or at the place of arrival, choose A – Standard customs declaration. If you are lodging a declaration prior to the presentation of the goods and you know the identifier of the previous document, choose D – Pre-lodged standard customs declaration. In the case of a pre-lodged declaration, declare also the estimated time of presentation of the goods, i.e. when the goods are estimated to arrive.
- Example of a standard declaration: The goods arrive in container by sea transport at the port of Kotka. The containers are unloaded to the container yard, and the port operator enters them into the temporary storage records. Import Company Ltd. lodges a customs warehousing declaration and declares the MRN of the entry declaration lodged for the goods and, as location of goods, the storage operator’s temporary storage facility in Kotka. Customs will process the declaration when it has been submitted to Customs’ system. The temporary storage operator may release the goods when Customs has released them for the customs warehousing procedure.
- Example of a pre-lodged standard declaration: Import Company Ltd. lodges a customs warehousing declaration and declares the place of arrival of the goods and the estimated time of arrival as well as the MRN of declaration preceding customs warehousing (in this case, the MRN of the entry declaration and the goods item number). The goods arrive in container by sea transport at the port of Kotka, and a presentation notification is lodged for them. The containers are unloaded to the container yard, and the port operator enters them into the temporary storage records. When the goods have been presented to Customs, Customs processes the declaration. The temporary storage operator may release the goods when Customs has released them for the customs warehousing procedure.
UCR (Unique Consignment Reference)
Enter here the UCR (Unique Consignment Reference), if one has been issued for the consignment by the consignor. The UCR is remains the same throughout the supply chain. It can be a WCO (ISO 15459) code or an equivalent.
Total gross mass
Enter the gross mass of the entire consignment in kilograms. The gross mass is the weight of the goods including packaging, without the means of transport or containers. If the gross mass is below 1 kg, enter the value e.g. in the format ‘0,654’, with no more than 6 decimals. If the gross mass exceeds 1 kg, you can enter the value rounded off to the closest full kilogram according to the rounding rules.
Entering the weight of pallets: if the weight of the pallets is included in the weight indicated in the transport documents, it can be included in the declared gross mass, if the pallet is not indicated in the customs declaration.
Total number of packages
The total number of packages means the number of the packages in the entire consignment. For unpacked goods, enter the value 1 (e.g. bulk goods).
Dispatch: Country of dispatch
Choose the code for the original country of dispatch from the menu. If there has been a stoppage unrelated to the transport or a commercial transaction (e.g. sale or processing) en route, use the code of this country. Consolidation of goods consignments en route is not considered a stoppage here.
A container of shoes is sold from China to Russia. The shoes are first shipped on an ocean-going vessel to Germany.
a) They are sent from Germany to Finland to be stored in a customs warehouse. In the customs warehousing declaration, China is indicated as the country of dispatch.
b) They are sold in Germany to another consignee, who decides to send the shoes to a customs warehouse in Finland. In the customs warehousing declaration, Germany is indicated as the country of dispatch, because the sale took place in Germany.
Destination: Country of destination
Choose the appropriate country code from the menu. Declare FI as the country code, if the goods are stored in Finland. If the goods are moved to another EU country, declare the country code of that country.
Locations: Customs warehouse
From the drop-down menu, choose the warehouse ID of the warehouse to which the goods are being moved. The warehouse type and address will be shown according to your choice.
Location of goods at the time of presentation
Enter here the location where the goods can be controlled at the time of presentation. The location may be a temporary storage facility, a customs warehouse, a place approved or designated by Customs, a customs office or, in force majeure situations, some other place. Choose the appropriate type of location from the drop-down menu. When you have chosen the type of location, the other data elements to be declared concerning location will change accordingly.
Enter the warehouse ID as location identification when
- the goods are, at the time or presentation, in a temporary storage facility or in a customs warehouse (type of location B)
- the goods are, at the time of presentation, in another location approved by Customs, e.g. in a location that has the authorisation as a location approved by Customs, and the goods have been received by an authorised consignee (type of location C, qualifier X)
Enter the street address in the location details when
- the goods are in a location designated by Customs, e.g. in an industrial port (type of location A, qualifier Z).
- the goods are at a customs office or in another location designated by Customs (type of location A, qualifier Z). This is used e.g. when the goods are placed under the customs warehousing procedure at the point of entry on the land border and moved under the customs warehousing procedure to the authorisation holder’s facilities.
- it has been necessary to unload the goods at the declared street address due to a fire, accident or other similar unexpected occurrence (type of location D, qualifier Z). This location can be used in force majeure situations.
Choose the appropriate customs office code as location identification from the drop-down menu, when
- the goods are at a customs office (type of location A, qualifier V): this is used e.g. when the goods are placed under the customs warehousing procedure at the point of entry on the land border and moved under the customs warehousing procedure to the authorisation holder’s facilities.
Enter here all the necessary additional information by choosing the appropriate code from the drop-down menu. You can, if necessary, declare more data items for additional information by clicking ‘+Add information’. If you wish to remove an unwanted row of additional information, tick the box at the beginning of the row, or tick the box "Select all" and click on "Remove selected".
If there are additional documents that are related to the goods to be declared and that shall be declared to Customs (e.g. a document concerning restrictions), enter here the additional document type and number or other identifier. Enter here the additional documents concerning the entire declaration. You can, if necessary, add documents by clicking ‘+Add document’. As a rule, additional documents don’t need to be sent to Customs.
If the goods were imported in a container, enter the container ID. If the declaration covers several containers, declare them here.
Declare the container details under Declaration header, if all the goods are in the same container. If there are several containers and a particular goods item is in a particular container, declare the containers at goods item level.